New Balance Fuelcore Rush V3 (274gr/Drop6mm): Light and stable running shoe, review by Mayayo
The New Balance FuelCore Rush V3 running shoe aims for a quick and snappy ride thanks to updates in its third generation.As part of the NB Rush rance of speed running shoes, performance remains a key aspect, while careful adjustments have been applied throughout the midsole, outsole and upper to update the shoe and boost its sales with new sleeker design.
Let us know look beyond the image changes to see wether the updates truly merit an interest due to technical advancament or not. The key figures for the NB Fuelcore rush V3 are a middle of the range weight for speed shoes of 274 grams and middle of the pack 6mm drop as well, all with a competitive RSP of 100€.
NEW BALANCE FUELCORE RUSH: SPEED RUNNING SHOES WITH CUSHIONING
(Weight 274 grams / RSP 100€ / Drop 6mm)
- The core of the power emanates from the REVlite midsole. REVlite has powered many of our fastest, lightest, most powerful running shoes as it maintains an incredibly resilient, responsive underfoot feel in a remarkably light package. The sleek aesthetics in the sidewall detailing mimic the consistent nature of this REVlite midsole. Complementing the finely tuned aggressive toe spring, the articulated forefoot geometries in the rubber outsole encourage a quick transition.
- Lightweight solid rubber outsole: The rubber outsole, providing coverage heel to toe, is designed to carry and protect this snappy ride
- Synthetic/mesh upper: In the upper, an intense focus was placed on finding the perfect balance between a lightweight and a secure ride. This design provides support in crucial areas while reducing the need for extra layers, stitching, and bulk, due to innovative upper constructions. An engineered mesh, new to this model, allows for support in key areas while remaining lightweight and flexible. 3D resin screen print overlays provide security in the upper, supporting movement in all directions,
- Midfoot bootie construction: hugs the foot as you push your limits to find new distances at new speeds, with no-sew material application
- Deconstructed heel counter: The molded heel counter adds one final touch of sleek security, creating a close, locked-in fit.
Overall impression: Every aspect of the FuelCore Rush v3 is designed by the brand to feel and look like the running shoe that will help a semi-advanced runner take on his PB. Yet it is still quite premature to confirm whether you may truly run in confidence since we have not been able to put them to a true performance test. While the brand makes them available for us to ensure so, we may recommend other in depth proven alternatives such as the New Balance Vazee Breathe saga with almost identical key figures of 100€ RSP, 275 grams and 6mm drop.
MORE ON TRAIL RUNNING: TOP RACES, RUNNERS, GEAR AND MORE.
- Our best trail running reviews for selected gear.
- Our video collection with runners interviews, races and more.
- Carrerasdemontana.com offers the best trail info in spanish, since 2007.